I recently came across this article The Transformative Power of Serving Others, and I have to agree. There is something about serving others. Living a spiritual life you must put service as part of how you live your life.
Service comes in many ways, some simple, some require some effort. Things like:
- Listening to someone who needs to talk
- Taking care of an errand for a friend or family member
- Opening a door for someone
- Encouraging someone who is struggling that they can accomplish the impossible
- Some times it is standing up for someone when they are wronged
- Volunteering at a local organization
- Donating food and clothing to those that need it
Any way you serve you are doing something for God. You co-create to manifest something for someone else. When you do that it is a beautiful thing. Not only for someone else, but yourself as well.