This is an interesting thought... Why does fear stop people from making friends? Let's talk about some of the fears out there. I have seen that happen more than once.
- Fear of rejection from those around you for befriending someone the group does not approve of.
- Fear that the person may not like you back.
- Fear that you will fail at another friendship
- Fear of the unknown - they are not anything like those that are your friends now.
- Fear of being judged for liking the person that everyone else seems to dislike for one reason or another.
- Fear of getting hurt - especially if others in the past have let you down. Trusting someone new in your life can be a challenge.
- Fear of inadequacy - that you are not good enough to be the person's friend.
What if I told you that other person may be feeling exactly the same fears you have? What if in reaching out to that person you change their life forever for the better along with your own.