Saturday, June 11, 2016

Be Patient with YOURSELF!

I am constantly telling people, especially women to be patient. I realize that I tell them to be patient for some future goal or a change in circumstances.  Perhaps it is a word that adds to their anxiety.
I think that I need to rephrase that after seeing this quote. That it would be far more productive for them if I said you need to be kinder to yourself during this time.   That you are doing everything right.   Keep trying.  Look how far you have come and what you have accomplished so far.
The definition of patience is the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset.
By putting the focus on the patience I am losing them because I am telling them that there is going to be a wait.  Human Nature we all want what we want NOW! 
It is going to take longer.   When all they want and need to hear is it is going to be ok and help with the ability to accept what is now.   It may be far more compassionate to help them with the without getting angry or upset part...

1 comment: